Tuesday, March 4, 2008

NDH Reflection

This year for National History Day I did a paper. My topic for my paper was "Slavery in New York". At, first I thought a paper was going to be really hard to complete. But it wasn't. The only challenge for me was, outlining what I was going to write. Once that was done writing came to me fluently. I used a lot of primary and secondary sources. I even got two interviews for New york National Historical Society. As i wrote my paper, I learned how huge of role slavery played in New York's development. This was my thesis. New York was the most populated northern state with slaves. Slavery in New York last for about over 200 years.
When New York was declared a free state, it took awhile to completely abolish it.
When NHD Day came, I was excited. I knew my paper was good. I had 11 pages, and and over 2,000 words. I had my Cousin who is a tutor read over it, and Mrs. Madhi. They all said it was good, and helped me add and change a few things. So when I went to my judge, Mr. Ackerman I was ready. He read it thoroughly and said it was "solid". I was pleased.
Even, though I didn't go to the next round, I received a 100% on my paper. Thats an A+. My parents are so proud, and so am I.

No comments: